Thursday, November 6, 2008

Grieving for the lost

Read these three passages: 

Matthew 7:1-3
"Judge not, that you be not judged.  For with the judgment you pronounce you will be judged, and with the measure you use it will be measured to you.  Why do you see the speck that is in your brother's eye but do not notice the log that is in your own eye? "

My job is not to judge, but to be gracious toward others for Christ is to us.  Accountability toward other Christians must be done with love and compassion, not harsh judgement.  

Galatians 4:19-20 
"my little children, for whom I am again in the anguish of childbirth until Christ is formed in you!  I wish I could be present with you now and change my tone, for I am perplexed about you." 

Let us have passionate urgency for the lost in Verona!  Let us pray for open hearts and convicted spirits for those who don't know Jesus.  Having this mindset helps us steer away from spiritual pride.   

Colossians 4:2-6
"Continue steadfastly in prayer, being watchful in it with thanksgiving.  At the same time, pray also for us, that God may open to us a door for the word, to declare the mystery of Christ , on account of which I am in prison-that I may make it clear, which is how I ought to speak.  Conduct yourselves wisely toward outsiders, making the best us of the time.  Let your speech always be gracious, seasoned with salt, so that you may know how you ought to answer each person."  

We must pray for wisdom in how we act around non-Christians, every moment with them is precious.  Let our message be told with grace for it is a message of ultimate grace.  If it is told in judgement, then the message could be interpreted as judgmental.  These actions should be done with Christians as well to embrace spiritual integrity. 

I love these verses for they convict, comfort and encourage me to be a gracious Christian filled with the message Christ's grace and truth.  Prayer and accountability are essential in this area. The gospel message is a message of authenticity and grace that should not be tampered with by the messenger.  

For the lost people of Verona, let us grieve with compassion and hope.  

This is to my beloved Team!!

For Jesus,
Brandi Shea


 




No comments: