Sunday, July 6, 2008

Reply from Dorthy!


When I went to California for an internship I was teased at least once a week by one of the kids in the youth group about Dorthy, the Wizard of Oz or some comment of how boring Kansas is.  So, I felt it appropriate to title my blog post "Reply from Dorthy!" to let everyone who reads this post know that I am from the middle of the United States, Kansas.  I love it and it's home.  

You know at the beginning of the movie when Dorthy's house gets picked up into a tornado, which eventually led her to the land of Oz?  Well, right now, my life is a whirling tornado.  Even though I feel this certain way; it will lead me to the Land of Oz eventually.  Life is not easy, it can feel like a tornado or it might be as joyful as the sounds of singing munchkins from munchkin land.  All in all, the Lord is the same and never changes!  That's encouraging to me. 

For now, I will leave you with a scripture that pops into my mind when I don't have control and feel like a tornado is making my life one big pile of debris. 

Habakkuk 3:17-19 

Though the fig tree does not bud 
       and there are no grapes on the vines, 
       though the olive crop fails 
       and the fields produce no food, 
       though there are no sheep in the pen 
       and no cattle in the stalls,

 yet I will rejoice in the LORD, 

       I will be joyful in God my Savior.

 The Sovereign LORD is my strength; 
       he makes my feet like the feet of a deer, 
       he enables me to go on the heights. 
       For the director of music. On my stringed instruments.

Have a great week!

Brandi Shea Davis 




1 comment: