Tuesday, April 15, 2008

Transition Lists

I love lists. I love introverted self-analysing. Perhaps I even love these things too much. I do think, though, it is important when you are making a transition to do some self evaluating. Here is a list of lists from Gail Blanke that has to do with unfinished business... perfect for when you are finishing a season.

1. Things I want to start but haven't started.
2. Things I want to change but haven't changed.
3. Things I want to stop but haven't stopped.
4. Things I started but haven't finished.
5. Things I want to do but haven't done.
6. Things I want to say but haven't said.
7. Things I want to learn but haven't learned.
8 Feelings I have but haven't expressed.

After you make your lists, evaluate them by asking yourself...
Is it too late to do it now?
How can I implement this in my new season?
Is the Lord holding me back from doing this or am I ignoring the Spirit's prompting?
Is this thing in line with the Lord's will; what is He saying about it?

This might give you a little perspective is where you are... and might help you understand from where the next season is starting. And it might just open some dreams (and even to-do lists) for the next chapter.

No comments: