Monday, May 19, 2008

Italy in Everything

I don't know when it happened. It might have been the first time we found out about the opportunity to go to Italy. It might have been after we talked to Team Expansion or Matt and realized that going to Verona was a real possibility for us. I can't put my finger on it but at some point I began to see Italy in everything around me.

At first it started as shows on the travel channel about Venice, Milan, Florence and even Verona itself. Italian cooking shows on the food network, any news that had anything to do with the country and people who've visited there telling me all about their trips. I notice when things are made in Italy in stores or when people have Italian names. The other night I saw Matthew Fox from Lost on a talk show and found out his wife is Italian. How interesting. Then, there's the soccer...don't even get me started on the soccer. We love Soccer and can't wait to live in a country where it's so popular. Everywhere I look, everywhere I go...I notice anything that has to do with Italy.

I've been thinking today how important it is for me to be like that in my walk with God...to see Him in everything around me. Things happen in life that we don't always understand. We hurt, we get angry, we lose, we get dissapointed and end up confused. Yet, if we keep our eyes open and our heads up we can see God in all those situations. We can see how He worked in and through us to strengthen our faith. I also think about the times of love, rejoicing, happiness and peace. I see God working in little areas of my life to bring me laughter when I need it, joy when I choose it instead of a bad attitude and peace even when I don't understand it. I am thankful to have a God that works even in the smallest ways to show He's there and He loves us, that He can take any situation and work it out to make us better. I can't help but to think how in Italy we are all going to have good days and bad days...but in all those days, God will be working to make us stronger and equip us to do the task He's given us.

-Savannah Eaton

No comments: