Wednesday, May 28, 2008

First Transition of Many

We just recently left our prior employment to start raising funds and preparing for Italy full-time. It's been kind of a weird feeling so far. We are living in Wabash, IN with my parents to lower living expenses as we raise funds. They have been wonderful and it's so nice to have that support as we enter in to this new season of our lives. I thought it would be odd to live with my family again and bring a wife along with me to boot. It actually has been pretty smooth and feels fairly organic and normal, which might make me odd rather than the situation. We were able to get a part-time position at the church we are attending while we are here. We get to clean the church during the week. The hours are really flexible and it is a gift from God to have a way to still have some money for bills coming in as we're doing this.

I think the hardest thing to get used to now is how slow things can move sometimes. When you are working a full-time job and trying to get things accomplished for your preparations and fundraising in your spare-time, you stay super-busy and things feel like a whirlwind. When you have a lot of your time to completely devote to this stage, things seem to move slower. At first that seemed a little backwards to me. However, I guess just because I have a lot more time to devote to this, doesn't mean all the churches and people we're talking to do. They are just as busy as ever with all the other things they have going on. Before, if someone wouldn't call me back for a week I hardly noticed, because my week was busy with other things too. Now, it feels a little different. You just can't really make a person fit into your to-do lists. That's OK though. I think we've struggled a little bit at first trying to figure out a schedule, how to best use our time, and just getting use to this new arrangement. Things are starting to move though and we are so happy that God has given us the resources and opportunities to focus on this mission He's given to the Verona team.

-Brandon

No comments: