Tuesday, August 28, 2007

What a Full First Month

Whew. We are almost at the end of the first full month, of Angie and I being on the Verona team full time and can I just say.....whew, once more? There has been so much to do as we take the reigns of this ministry full time. We had planned on taking some of our vacation time and it just turned out that August was not the best month for us to do that. The Blackburns made it back to the USA and are getting readjusted to American life. April headed back to Haiti for her last school year teaching English there. Lots of communication has been going on and Angie and I completed our Field Ministry Plan for the upcoming nine months.

There are eight primary objectives of which we will be concentrating. Those eight are... recruiting, relocating, promotion & communication, research, preparation, training, relationshop building and administration. Everything we do fits into one of those areas and allows us to be more efficient and organized. Once the team starts arriving in Verona, those primary objectives will shift and include new objectives such as language aquisition and culture study. Everything we aim for is prayed over and subject to God's leading. He is an awesome God and we are so thankful to be serving Him.

If you want to see some of the graphics that I have been working on, head over to my sketchblog at http://mattsketchpad.blogspot.com/ and tell me what you think! It is mixed with other art that I work on in my spare time as well.

No comments: