Monday, August 27, 2007

Fnac

Two things I love are books and coffee. Put those two things together and I am in a wonderland of delight! When we are in the states one of my favorite things to do is go to Barnes and Noble where I can wander through the books forever. Finally, I will make a selection of several books that I want to sit and look through and I head to the coffee shop. There I will get a tall coffee and spend a long while perusing the pages of books that interst me. I can spend all day there if I am allowed!

Living in Italy I have never found a place that fullfills, in the same way, that time spent at a Barnes and Noble. Yes, there are bookstores...nice ones. Yes, there are coffee shops....great ones! But in Italy I had yet to find a place that fullfilled my love of books and coffee at the same time.

However, it looks like Verona might just have something that will do the trick, Fnac. It is a store we had never heard of until we visited Verona. They have electronics, movies, video games but best of all downstairs is a bookstore! It is filled with children's books, cooking books, decorating books, magazines and so much more. I bet you would never guess what is also in Fnac? A coffee shop!!!

2 comments:

Scott said...

We have FNAC here in Taipei too. I do like it, but sometimes the store is really junky... picked over, etc. I don't know where it is from... I don't know how to pronounce it... but I like it. :-)

mcrosser said...

That is weird. The one in Verona is immaculate! I was going to say for me it is like a combination of Best Buy and Barnes & Nobles. For me, that's the best of both worlds!