Monday, February 8, 2010

Counting the Cost


I have been on a soup kick... which of course means that I have been on a bread kick. Instead of just making it, the other day I went to a shop down the street. The three small loaves cost me one euro. And they were good. Not the best I've ever had - but definitely not the worst. Ah, but for a euro it was a good buy.
I think about our access to The Bread of Life. How in Him we find truth and purpose, hope and peace. And it really is amazing that it all is free. Or is it? living sacrifice, lay down your life, carry your cross... why do we gloss over the real cost? How dare we cheapen the most precious of gifts by saying it costs nothing. It costs everything. Absolutely everything. But the investment comes back ten fold times ten fold.

3 comments:

Dana said...

Hi April,
In researching for a trip to Italy this summer I happened upon your blogs. I just read most of the posts from your singleness site. I am single myself and appreciated what you had to say. I'll be in Italy from June 15 through July 1. My friends and I were hoping to visit some missionary folks while there. Are you up for a visit from 3 single women and 1 single guy?
Dana

Alan smith said...

The sad truth is a mere 200-300 calories too many per day can completely halt fat loss. To put this into perspective, that's only a couple handfuls of nuts, a few tablespoons of fatty salad dressing, or a small bag of chips. Yup, fat loss is that finicky. It's not very complicated, but it requires absolute precision.

So, to overcome the slim-quick-keto "calorie creep," you simply have to know exactly what's going into your body every day. You can keep a food journal, or you can do what I do: calculate what you need each day, break it down into daily meals, and eat the same thing every day, every meal. I don't have the time or patience to work a bunch of variety into my diet, so I embrace the simplicity of choosing nutritious foods that I like, and eating them over and over.
https://fitose.com/slim-quick-keto/

Anonymous said...

Nicely presented information in this post, I prefer to read scr888 royal panda malaysia this kind of stuff. The quality of content is fine and the conclusion is good. Thanks for the

post.