Monday, January 11, 2010

To Do What?

I have a big Write-On/Wipe-Off board in m office with the title "The Big To-Do". It contains a perpetual To-Do list. Each task is under a certain topic: mail, blog, cleaning, budget, etc... Our team has fancy web-based tools to help me be organized, but I really, really love that I get to erase this board. And that the white space keeps getting bigger. Well, until the end of the month. Anyway, on my boar I have some dates listed. In front of them it says: Reminder.
Remind who? Remind them of what? How can I remind them of something I can't remember and don't know why I'm reminding them of it? See how confusing it gets?
What good is this task written on my board if I don't know what it means?
And that's exactly why God gave us Paul. Jesus said "Love." Paul tells us exactly how to do that. Encourage one another and build each other up. Carry each other’s burdens. Honor one another above yourselves. Make every effort to do what leads to peace and to mutual edification. Don’t seek your own good, but the good of the other person. Comfort each other. Be completely humble and gentle; be patient, bearing with one another in love. Do not let the sun go down while you are still angry, and do not give the devil a foothold. Be kind and compassionate to one another, forgiving each other, just as in Christ God forgave you.
Maybe we need to sit down and make the to-do list a little more detailed.

No comments: