Monday, December 21, 2009

Winter Solstice

Seasons. Except for my college years, I have never lived where there were dramatic seasons. And in Verona - there are dramatic seasons. I haven't minded the winter like I thought I would - but I am celebrating today. It's the shortest day of the year. I'm so thankful. Not that I really want a short day today - but I do want, and even need - a longer one tomorrow. And the day after that. And the day after that.

I googled "Winter Solstice" today so that I could truly understand it to celebrate it in a real way. Umm... I didn't understand a lick of the Wikipedia article. But that won't stop me from celebrating!

And what a good reminder that I don't have to understand everything about the Lord in order for me to really celebrate Him. I don't understand how He can be omniscient or omnipowerful... or even how He could love me when I'm so full of sin. But I don't have to get the details. I just need to trust that tomorrow there will be more light.

No comments: