Friday, July 10, 2009

"No, wait!"

Earlier this week I heard a message on the radio by Dr. Charles Stanley of In Touch Ministries. In his message he was talking about waiting on God. This was exactly what I needed to hear. At the time I was feeling rather frustrated and discouraged. I'm thrilled that Matt and Angie and April are there in Italy already. So very thrilled! But, another part of me, I found, was feeling a bit disgruntled and unhappy. *I* want to be in Italy! But, then I heard Dr. Stanley's message and it spoke directly to me. He said, "Sometimes when God says, "Wait," we hear, "No." I will be honest with you, this period in my life -- this past year and eleven months -- has been one of the longest "waiting" periods in my life and sometimes Ann and I have both wondered if God was really saying "no" rather than "wait." But, we have not heard Him say "no," nor are we expecting it. We have been called to cross-cultural evangelism. We know Italy is the place God has for us at this time. We are pushing ahead and working to get to Verona, even while we "wait" on Him and His perfect timing. "Wait for the LORD; be strong and take heart and wait for the LORD." (Psalm 27:14)

No comments: