Saturday, November 3, 2007

Xs and Os

I love to-do lists. I'm the kind of person who writes down things I've already done today that are normal every day things (wake up, brush teeth) on my to-do list just so I can mark them off.

Matt has arranged for our team to use not one - but two - on line sites that help us list and mark off our to do lists! So, first I get to write it with my permanent marker on my paper and then I get to put it on line, twice if I want. So, it's double, even triple, the pleasure when I get to check it off. Fun, fun!

For the last few months, Italy has seemed so far away. I've been telling people that Italy will seem more real when my to-do list has more Italy things than Haiti things. And lately, I've been doing a lot of Italy things.

I have a giant tic-tac-toe board in my classroom. I think you're supposed to throw beanbags at it. I use it for math games. I put cards with math facts on the front. Answer the question right, and you're team gets to turn it to the X or O.

Last night I dreamed that the cards on the board were things from my to-do list. Then, the Xs were for Italy and the Os were for Haiti.

Hmmm... someone would have a field day interpreting this dream! I'll leave them to it. As for me, I'm going to mark off "post on blog" on every to-do list I have.

No comments: