Monday, September 17, 2007

The Trolley of Verona

Do you remember the trolley from Mister Roger's Neighborhood? You remember, the trolley who took us to the Neighborhood of Make Believe? We got to ride it last week in Verona! Well, maybe it wasn't the same trolley, but it looked like it. While we were in Verona with our field coordinator, Wayne Meece and his wife Greta, I decided it would be a good time for us to take a trip on this little trolley in the center of town. It is a twenty minute ride for 3 euro (approximately $5) per person. It winds through many of the small ancient streets and alleyways, all the while playing over the loudspeaker tidbits of history about the surrounding area. The trolley is a great way for us to survey the city and find out more about this place. Here are some pictures...




And as I was reminiscing and thinking about the old trolley from Mister Roger's, I was reminded of the song with which he ended every episode. Ah, days of youth. Hopefully we can bring a childlike faith to the people of Verona.

For your nostalgia....
"It's such a good, feeling
To know you're alive
It's such a Happy feeling
You're growing inside!
And when you Wake Up, ready to say:
'I think I'll make a snappy new day'
It's such a good, feeling
A very good feeling
The feeling you know
That, I'll be back
When the day is new
An' I'll have more, Ideas
For you.
And you'll have things you'll want to talk about.
I
Will
Too."

No comments: